Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tim vs Joyce.

Fairy Joyce called me up for lunch today. Seeing as I was allowed to go in late today because my director and producer had a meeting to attend in the morning, I gladly accepted the invitation.

I teased the silly fairy about how awesome it was to be having lunch with a *celebrity blogger* and all I got for a reply was 'Don't be stupid!' The lady is modest I tell you'll.

Round 1.
Both of us kept insisting that we'd pay for the other persons lunch and a lil debate followed which never really concluded. Her reason was that she called me up and so she was entitled to buy me lunch. Mine was that since it was the first time that we'd actually had lunch, there was no way I'd let the lady pay. Eventually we dropped the topic and proceeded with a more constructive conversation.

Tim 0 Joyce 0 - Draw!

Round 2.
After lunch she went to use the restroom and yea, I called for the bill... paid... and then sat there smiling cheekily and told her that lunch was paid for when she got back. For that, she said I was damn sneaky. I replied with even if she was here, there was no way she'd get to buy me lunch. She asked why, and I told her all I have to do is say to the waiter 'You're not going to let the lady pay are you?' Then she decided that she was beat and thanked me.

Tim 1 Joyce 0 - Tim takes the lead!

In one part of our conversation I asked her why put my name in her phone and blog as TimmyTimTim? She said that there was another Tim in her phone already and she just came up with that nickname at that time. And that there would be no chance of me getting her to change it. I told her from being gangsta like and macho I have been reduced to 'sounding cute' by her... and she just sat there laughing.

Tim 1 Joyce 1 - Joyce makes a comeback!

Final score - Tim 1 Joyce 1 It's a draw!

Till our next lunch appointment!!!

No comments: