Thursday, January 12, 2006

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me.

So as the sound of drilling escalates to unbearable levels in the office, I find myself half deaf and pleasantly surprisedto be without a lot of work for the first time this month, which is good of course.

Sometimes it baffles me how some people can be such total idiots in an industry where you are supposed to be creative and expressive. Granted that we do have our restrictions, but there are holes in the system that at least allows us to portray something similar one way or another.

My current project involves me targeting the Japan and Korea markets and portraying Malaysia as 'THE' place to be. So I figure I'd get the talents to dress trendy, look good, and at least look presentable... at the very least. BUT... some idiots decide that they'd stereotype instead and dress them up like how tourist would dress in the 50's or 60's. You know... really tight short shorts, long socks, big backpack, canteen, thick framed glasses... Come on.

No one wants to go on holiday looking like an idiot. They want to think and know that if they visit somewhere they are going to and want to look fashionable, good and not like some 50's school kid with the super flat side parting. At the very least make them look normal not like some geek who still sleeps with his teddy bear and sucks his thumb and probably wets his bed.

Some people I tell you...

No comments: